Sound composition is the art of organizing sound (i.e. instrumental, vocal or synthetically generated sound and/or recorded from our sounding environment by means of a microphone) for a musical composition. Texts, sounds or music are material in the hands (or computers) of the sound artist. The result has numerous names: musique concrète, ars acustica, Klangkunst, sound art, audio art, digital radio art, sound poetry – but all are: sound composition.
Faced with this variety of terms, the following chart may serve illustration:
Götz Naleppa works as media artist in his own studio, Mac-based with ProTools HD und Logic Pro.
Published sound compositions:
– „Popol Vuh, the Book of the Origin of the Maya“
– „Jam Session “ - an International Ars-Acustica Remix
– „Ponte del Molino“ for the international Radio project “Rivers and Bridges” ” http://www.kunstradio.at/RIV_BRI/PROJECTS/deutschr.html
– “Corpus Delicti” (with Transit Communication)
– “Robinsonate” (with Transit Communication)
Onlinemuseum for Soundart: "sonosophere.org".